Tuesday, April 25, 2006

No Tulip For You!


I had a fantastic day with Bethany and the famous Uncle Robert and Aunt Sylvia. We went to the Tulip Festival and had a wonderful time together. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow, but right now I'm really tired. Needless to say, we took lots of pictures of tulips. However, I'm not going to post a tulip photo tonight because I haven't had time to review them in detail. I'll find a good one for you for tomorrow.

Today's photo is another picture of that Volkswagen junker I showed you a couple of days ago. I decided to keep this one in colour because I really liked the green and rust on the small car. I think that (for the most part) the green car keeps the eye on the subject and does not allow the colourful containers to be too strong of a distraction. The tight cropping helps too. The foreground bugs me a bit, but that can't be helped. To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure why I like this photo, but I do. So there.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 45mm, 1/60 sec, f/8.0, ISO 50

15 Comments:

Blogger Azhar said...

Extremely vivid shot here - the colours and how they mix so perfectly is astounding work man!GREAT shot,you better post those tulip shots soon :)

2:41 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Bob said...

Great colours! Is that Marc Crawford's car?

3:10 AM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colours. Really do. Can't wait to see the tulips! I took a bunch of shots of them also.

4:19 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Nicola said...

Now that I've seen the color version I prefer this one over the b&w :).

4:36 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Laurie said...

I think color was a great choice for this one. The colorful containers add to the pic, they do not distract from it.

5:02 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Sidney said...

Great colors and quite a strange image!
Well done !

5:13 AM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool medley of color

7:18 AM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you would accept any suggestion, I would love to see larger pictures in you page.

9:33 AM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great find...i like a rusty look of texture and colors...great capture:-)

10:42 AM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it a lot. The colors are great :)

3:11 PM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uv got some really nice pictures here. a fella s2 is person; had mine since the beginning of the year and i love it! though still putting up with its finicky focusing at times.

6:20 PM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes!

Another great story for your book!

8:18 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger H.O said...

Hi timmybomb
I like this one :)

9:49 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Jill said...

Neat! I like how you cropped this.

4:33 PM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Jean said...

No Tulip for you!
I like much this photograph!
Much!
Contrast, the harmony of the colors, the heat of the red, the life of the green, intense blue... all plait me! Contrast of the curved lines of the car with the verticals of the walls. A beautiful photograph!

J'aime beaucoup cette photo !
Beaucoup !
Le contraste , l'harmonie des couleurs , la chaleur du rouge , la vie du vert , le bleu intense ...tout me plait !
Contraste des lignes courbes de la voiture avec les verticales des murs ..
Une belle photo !

2:59 AM, April 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com