Wednesday, April 26, 2006

That's A Lot Of Tulips


It took us a while to find the tulips (most fields were cut down on the weekend), but even one field was plenty. There were some lovely colours there and it was a joy to capture them. The sky was a very pale grey while we were in the tulip field, so I spent a few minutes today trying to 'fix' the sky on several shots that are otherwise good. Unfortunately, my Photoshop mojo has left me today, so I'll have to try again another time.

However, I did find an image that is in no way effected by a dull sky. I cropped a couple rows of purple off the bottom, but otherwise this photo was not enhanced. I think this picture works because of the parallel 'bands' of colour. I really like the way the light purple in the top left corner teases the viewer into thinking that the field goes on forever. In fact, the horizon had dirt fields and junk piles.

I've been learning how to frame the subject very carefully so that I only include that which conveys the 'feeling' I am attempting to capture. If I can't get it from where I am standing, I'll often move around my subject until only the essentials are in the frame. Of course, often I can't get it the way I want, but I'm learning to at least try.

Canon PowerShot S2IS, 27mm, f/8.0, 1/50 sec, ISO50

20 Comments:

Blogger Wolf said...

OK, thats a lot of Tulips!! A sea of Tulips! Cool photo! :)

9:43 PM, April 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely shot. Lots of Tulips:) I like the fact as you have pointed out you are learning to frame your images. That is one of the most important things. Good one.

Suby

12:33 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Laurie said...

WOW! I've never seen so many tulips in one place, at least not in person. Must have been an amazing sight to see. You captured it well here. I love the purple ones in the foreground. :-)

4:06 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Awesome shot!! This looks like a beautiful place to visit and photograph.

5:10 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Azhar said...

In my opinion - yes it's a stunning scene but just too much stuff cramped into one shot for me.It's like a solid colour gradient just in specks.Not that great a shot for me.

5:48 AM, April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the tulips too .

It's a poétic shot .
walk on and take some one ! ;)

6:12 AM, April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely shot, that's the most tulips I've ever seen

6:42 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Sidney said...

Nice shot ! Well framed! Gorgeous tulips! It looks like Holland!

7:08 AM, April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice shot, Timmy! Great job!

7:56 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Beautiful flowers. Oh so many pretty colors ^_^

I like this picture a lot :D I don't think I've ever seen so many flowers at once!


~K

12:06 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger The Alchemist said...

fantastic tim - looks great on the enlarged view - brilliant in all respects

12:31 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger markarian said...

This is surreal! Something from an Impressionist's painting. Great photo.

1:21 PM, April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Well captured and composed.
As for my pic: There's no refleciton simply because... there wasn't any! I was standing on the sidewalk looking down at that pool and the cigarette butt.

2:38 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

I love the framing! Excellent photo.

4:15 PM, April 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...really neat shot...great mixed of colors:-)

4:46 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Nicola said...

Great colors of the tulip field!

12:11 AM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Ali said...

Those are A LOT of tulips. I like the way their colour changes as your eye moves forward.

12:24 AM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Jill said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I wish I were near a field like this. If I am, I don't know it. Very pretty!!

4:33 PM, April 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that's spectacular!!!

4:46 AM, April 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What gorgeous color. It really does look like it goes on forever. Great composition. "Photoshop mojo..." That's too funny.

1:02 PM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com