Thursday, August 17, 2006

"I Caught You a Delicious Bass"


When we were at the lake, I had a good deal going. Allen and Paso would catch all the fish, and I would eat them. Oh, I tried fishing, but it turns out I suck at it. The other guys, however, were fortunate enough to catch me a meal. The fish were trout, not bass, but Mr. Dynamite's immortal quote was too good to pass up.

This is the first image of this series that has undergone any significant processing, and it wasn't that significant. I was looking at Paso's photos of our trip when I saw a really cool silhouette of Allen by the water. I was instantly annoyed at myself for not having taken a similar photo. I looked through my archives to find an image that I could make into a silhouette.

Admittedly, this is not the way I would have taken this photo if I had the idea in mind from the start, but I'm determined to learn from my mistakes. I modified this picture by adding a blue filter and playing with the levels. It wasn't exactly a highly technical procedure, but I think it worked.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 52mm, f/4.5, 1/100 sec, ISO 50

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

Still looking (see Paso shot).

I think I like this one, but I am not sure! The composition is surely excellent.

I am also unsure of "Flora Lake Done Right" - I think I like it, but I am uneasy with the foreground triangle.


Keep up the good work!!


unklrbrt

1:18 PM, August 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot. It has all the right stuff for me at least. Simple, subtle, and it just feels good to look at it.

10:36 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Lovely image, Tim!

2:57 AM, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one. Nice colors, nice job on the silhouette. It almost looks though like he's standing on part of the tree. (I know he's not, but it kinda looks that way). That's really the only thing that I find somewhat distracting. You did a great job on the composition too. Very nice.

5:20 AM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Monterey John said...

It came out fine, good shot!

8:47 AM, August 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice composition and perspective I think this came out well.

3:47 AM, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com