Friday, August 11, 2006

I Climbed a Mountain


Hey folks. Thank you for your concern during my brief absence. I'm sorry I left without any warning. I was having a bit of internet trouble last weekend, and then I left town for a couple of days. I'm back now. I may not post again this weekend because I've got some catching up to do around here. We'll see.

This week I climbed a mountain. I don't know the name of the mountain, but I do know it was pretty big. I'm an out of shape slob, so I nearly died a few times this week. Thanks to my very supportive friends, Paso and Allen, I made it up a combined vertical of 1500 meters. I'll be posting a few photos of our trip over the coming days.

The weather was cloudy and rainy all three days of our trip, but it was still beautiful. I didn't take very many photos while hiking up or down the mountain because I needed to focus all my energy on not dying. This photo was taken from the southwest face of the mountain, looking west.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 18mm, f/8.0, 1/250 sec, ISO 50

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, now, that's my kind of scene. Just lovely. I look forward to seeing the photos from your trip.

3:22 PM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger Kate said...

Lovely. The layered look of the distant mountains affects the tone of the photo.

8:55 PM, August 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very glad all is well!

Wow...mountain climbing I am impressed! Congrats!

This shot is stunning!

Welcome back!!!

10:10 PM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger Azhar said...

Mountain eh :D
Lovely photo, fading mountains into the back lovely! This has potential for being processed. to the max.

4:37 AM, August 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back, missed your comments on my blog. So who was after you that you had to leave town so quick for a couple of days? :) Glad to have you back anyhow.

I hope you have a lovely weekend and looking forward to you taking me apart on my blog. Missed that :P

Suby

10:26 AM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Tim, if this was the only shot you got the whole climb, you did well! It is perfection!

Glad you didn't die, too. :o)

11:16 AM, August 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

Glad you made it! (there & BACK)

Nice shot - considering your likely physical state at the time of shooting - has potential for a nice blowup to hang in someones livingroom.

Hope you made lots of photos to show me.

Give my love to Bethany.

See you in a few weeks - with lots of grandchildren snaps to show you.

Love,

unklrbrt

12:23 PM, August 12, 2006  
Blogger Monterey John said...

1500 metres? Yep, that qualifies as a big climb. I know I couldn't do it. BTW, nice pic!

12:40 PM, August 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely shot, beautifully framed. I'm heading to BC for a week in Sept so hopefully I'll see some of this first hand.

8:24 PM, August 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the different layers of mountains are awesome ;)

3:45 AM, August 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timmy? Hello?? Are you out climbing another mountain???

Have we lost you to the world of mountain climbing?

Miss you, hope to see you around again soon.

8:44 PM, August 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, beautiful. Those mountains look amazing. Really great photo.

1:16 AM, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Can klonopin make you physically tired

8:19 AM, February 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! slot machines discovery land rover review American cancer society donations internet software lcd tvs with hd tuners built in Fillmore rhinoplasty Buy bontril online cheap Online buspirone prescription Management horizons computer learning centers http://www.blackjack-8.info bedroom bondage get rid of cellulite in a healthy manner debt help Lottery 649 winning numbers tamiflu order tramadol

9:24 AM, April 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com