Thursday, July 27, 2006

Crappy Pier


I'm rather sleepy, so I'm going to keep this short; I want a nap. Bethany and I joined the famous Uncle Robert for a photo hunt early this morning. It was really just an excuse to hang out, and I didn't get many images that were worth keeping, but I look for every opportunity to practice with my camera. In fact, the best picture that my camera took this morning was taken by Bethany. Perhaps she will share it on her blog some time.

We stopped at a pier that overlooked a very peaceful portion of the Fraser River. The subject that interested me the most was the angles and lines of the wooden beams and railing. Unfortunately the railing was covered in pigeon crap, so I photographed the reflection instead.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 15mm, f/3.5, 1/60 sec, ISO 50

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIIIIICE. I see you went all out with the relfections :). Keep up the good work.

7:46 PM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger tony.unwin said...

more great reflections
good shot
:o)
T

10:32 PM, July 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, you gotta stop making me wish I'd taken your photos!

I just love the way you've "interpreted" the water in this shot.

11:32 PM, July 27, 2006  
Blogger Yanik said...

You like your reflections dont you?? i do too....this is great, as n i k e said, youve really captured the texture/movement of the water as well as a good representation of the building..

12:13 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

I think shooting the reflection alone was a wonderful decision, this is a lovely image!!

3:18 AM, July 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say, I am absolutely loving and digging this shot. Just perfect in my book, would have it on my wall. Very good use of reflection, and I know this is not an easy thing to do. I duff my virtual hat of to you for a well thought of image and for actually seeing it in the 1st place.

Hope you have a lovely weekend

Suby

5:36 AM, July 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What more needs to be said. Sweet! Great choice to shoot only the reflection.
Paul

5:42 AM, July 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I love the reflections, they are near perfect. Very well done.

9:12 AM, July 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shot really caught my attention, probably because the water wasn't completely still so it looks a bit impressionistic. Well done.

8:52 AM, July 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent
i like lots! ;)

5:28 AM, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com