Friday, July 28, 2006

Bethany's Dock


Yesterday I mentioned that Bethany had taken the best picture of the day. I don't usually bring her along on my early morning photo hunts, but I was happy that she joined me yesterday. She suggested that I post her picture on this blog, instead of hers, so here it is. If Suby & Sinem can share a blog, I guess I can give up a bit of my web space too.

This dock was right next to the pier I showed you yesterday. I love the quality of the morning light on the dock and piling. You have probably figured out that I have a thing for reflections, so that is just one more reason for me to like this photo. Not to mention the quality of blue at the bottom of the image.

As I have said in the past, don't be afraid to bring your significant other along with you every once in a while. It's always great to have them around, and the extra set of eyes can prove very useful.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 14mm, f/4.5, 1/100 sec, ISO 50

12 Comments:

Blogger Azhar said...

I too love the morning light and refelctions, that water is like a mirror. You should look up (actually I should too) on how to get the most out of that sky in the background, some processing and it would look better.
GREAT GREAT SHOT!!! None the less.

12:46 PM, July 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot. My husband is always with me when I take photos, he usually takes them in interesting ways that I wouldn't think of, then I take the same photo as him but acually use correct camera settings and get a good shot (he just presses buttons and pays no attention to what he's doing lol)

very beautiful photo.

12:56 PM, July 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely shot. Though I get the feeling that the pillar might be leaning a bit to the left.
Who took this picture? You or Bethany.

4:37 PM, July 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is lovely. The light is fantastic in the morning.

My husband often goes with me on shoots. We get to spend some time together and an extra set of hands is also great when you carry a lot of gear.

5:35 AM, July 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany might be giving you a run for your money, Tim! :-) I absolutely love this series you guys have done. Every photograph has been beautifully executed and I'm learning a lot from your blog!

8:24 AM, July 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

Great shot Bethany! I enjoyed our morning together.

unklrbrt

8:59 AM, July 29, 2006  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Very nice indeed!

9:57 PM, July 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very neat, awesome lighting and serene water. Serenity of this picture captured me. I like it. You see the depth, and sky, clouds afar. Couldn't be better. Good shot.

11:03 PM, July 29, 2006  
Blogger Paul said...

Well, Bethany picked a winner here! Great shot!

3:58 PM, July 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic lighting on this one! Nice job!

5:40 AM, July 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, very nice
;)

5:27 AM, August 03, 2006  
Blogger Philippe said...

In my view, this picture could be better. Don't take me wrong as catching the lighting of the moment was the challenge and that was neatly achieved. Though my reading of the picture is "blocked" by the verticality of the pillar. And even though the horizon is perfectly placed, the pier is too central and the reader feels the three thirds composition rule is not respected. Maybe a landscape lay out would have been better ?
I praise your work in general nevertheless !

Cheers !

ph

6:13 AM, August 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com