Friday, July 21, 2006

Looking up


Recently I got out of the habit of taking my camera everywhere I go. I passed up several photo opportunities because I didn't have my equipment with me. Today I was determined to get back into the routine of taking time out of my day to take a few pictures.

I brought my camera with me when I dropped the kids off at daycare. On the way to their school, I made a mental note of several locations that peaked my interest. I was sure to stop at these places on the way home. I didn't spend too much time, but even 30 minutes was sufficient for a very pleasant and peaceful photo hunt.

This was one of the photos I took this morning. Because I live in the city, it can be a challenge to find a composition that has an uncluttered skyline. This large chimney provided a composition with a unique perspective and lots of negative space. I used my new polarizer to achieve the deep blue sky.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 6mm, f/8.0, 1/100 sec, ISO 50

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An interesting shot Timmy. Liking the texture on the chimney.

2:41 PM, July 21, 2006  
Blogger Natalie said...

That's a very tall chimney. What sort of building was it on? I like the texture of it and the angle you chose. I'm not so sure about the sky. I know people have fun with their polarizers, but I've never seen the sky look that color of blue in real life. But in such things, I think it is a matter of individual taste.

3:54 PM, July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

I was expecting to see Finn's Slew!

No good shots from last night?

I like this shot. It seems to lead you up & in.

I especially like the negative space.

See you soon, but not too soon. I have in mind to shoot some tourists in Steveston with you (maybe I need to make up some business cards first).

Give my love to Bethany.

unklrbrt

4:05 PM, July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the polarizer! Great textures and of course the blue is gorgeous.

10:37 PM, July 21, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Yay for the polarizer and for taking your camera with you!! Love that blue sky!

5:30 AM, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blues, great capture!

8:57 PM, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You chose good time of day. I like deep blue, and I know it's hard to find subjects in the city, but this is a good angle. How else could be good.. i like it.

1:37 AM, July 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the angle you used, beautiful blue sky is amazing also.

2:43 AM, July 24, 2006  
Blogger Rich said...

Reminds me of the Twin Towers

1:11 PM, July 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The perspective and the mounts of blue sky works well together but I think the chimney is a bit too bright :-)

12:47 AM, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com