Thursday, July 20, 2006

Inside the Azalea


I love wet flowers. There is something magical about water pooling up on the petal of a flower. That is what attracted me to this azalea. I liked the way the sunshine was dancing on the surface of the water.

This is another photo from my archives. I like the composition, but I have always felt that the quality of the image was not quite good enough. This is another example of the colour red giving me a hard time. Whatever the case, I still love the way the water is collecting at the edge of the bottom right petal.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 6mm, f/6.3, 1/100 sec, ISO 50

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like getting shots with petals and leaves dewy or wet just after a rain.

This is very pretty, but I see what you mean about the red it looks like some detail is lost. Not sure what to do about that. It's pretty though.

6:45 PM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

That is a very striking red!

3:07 AM, July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great close-up!

4:03 AM, July 21, 2006  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

You nailed the red in this one Tim...and I agree...I LOVE when there is rain or dew on flower petals. Great shot!

7:53 AM, July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superb!

10:03 AM, July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com