Sunday, July 09, 2006

One Hundred


Today is post number 100 at Rookie Photographer Gone Wild. I got my first camera in March and fell in love with it. I've been sharing photos on this site ever since. I've had a great time and I think I have learned a lot. There are times when keeping up with a daily deadline has been difficult, but for the most part I have tried to stick to my schedule of six posts a week. The deadline is good for me anyway, it keeps me sharp.

Thank you all for your continued visits and helpful feedback. I have learned a lot about photography by reading your helpful hints and criticisms. I would most like to thank the famous Uncle Robert for getting me hooked on photography and giving me such a head start with some excellent advice and top notch literature. I should also thank my lovely wife Bethany, who has patiently accompanied me on many photo hunts, tolerated the alarm clock going off long before dawn, and put up with me hogging the computer for hours.

Feel free to look through some of my archives (see right side menu) and have a look at some of my previous images. I'd be curious to hear if you have noticed any improvement in my skills, or if there is a common weakness I could be working on. Also, I'd love to hear what your favourite image has been so far. I can only hope that my next 100 photos will be a vast improvement over these first 100.

For those wondering, today's image was taken this last week, in the same park as the dragonfly. This "sculpture" was erected in honor of Canada's 100th birthday in 1967. Sucks that there is crappy graffiti on it, but I guess there are dumb teenagers with spray paint in every city.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 6mm, f/7.1, 1/125 sec, ISO 50

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats for reaching 100 posts...thanks for sharing great works..always enjoy visiting here:-)))

12:30 PM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Mr. P said...

ah the centenary! as long as its not a cenotaph.

2:55 PM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Pya said...

Congrats on the 100! and the tough deadline meets so far! I really admire your zest and zeal in constantly getting better at what you do. Keep 'em coming.

4:56 PM, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Laurie said...

Wonderful post! Congrats on #100. Your progress has been amazing!

7:38 PM, July 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats bro on your 1st 100 uploads, looking forward to much more from you.

My favourite shots, If I start we probably would be here all day :)

You have got a very good eye for your nature and wildlife shots.

All I will say is keep up the good work.

Suby

1:23 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 100! What a fitting statue for your post today. I hope to see ya for 100 more!

1:44 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 100th!

Some time from now, if not already, people will say: "Man! That guy is talented.", which is to say that it came easily or naturally. Just show them the thousands upon thousands of shots that you've taken. :-)

One of my favorite quotes about talent came from Craig Tanner he said that "talent means that we just survived being untalented." In other words, we keep working and producing even when we are not satisfied with the results, which is when most people quit. We learn, refine, and improve based on our mistakes.

So, keep going. Keep producing. You've certainly gotten better.

I try to shoot at least 5 days a week, sometimes 7. I also try to come back with at least 100 shots each time, which makes me try a whole lot of different things.

Creativity = Productivity

4:12 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great shot for today! happy 100. i would have no idea how many posts i have. i never count. including my previous blog, I'm guessing a grillion. :)

4:41 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th shot! Good angle here. Cheers.

7:15 AM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Azhar said...

Congrats, and I want 100 more! Very suitable post :D

8:33 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to more ;-)

9:54 AM, July 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for the 100th post !! Keep it up for another 100

1:22 PM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

Congrats Tim! Looking forward to seeing the next 100 and 100 after that! Cheers.

2:38 PM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Bethany said...

Congratulations, love! I am so proud of you! You are amazing and I love that you have been so persistent through this journey you're on. You are the bestest! I'm okay with you hogging the computer as long as you write that book! Thanks for letting me scout out photos with you!

7:35 PM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Rich said...

Great shot for the landmark occasion.

1:43 PM, July 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! WOW!! How time flies indeed. We started around the same time, and I've also managed to be posting about 4 pictures a week. I'm at about 70 at the moment. Touch wood!

Interesting capture, was it your uncle that said something similar: probably you should have embraced the grafitti and incorporated it into your image.

2:44 PM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com