Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Deas Through Trees


Believe it or not, I actually took this photo while standing at the side of one of Vancouver's major highways. This is looking northeast at a small piece of the Fraser River, called Deas Slough. My original intent was to photograph the eight man rowing teams that practice in this area. I had imagined this ideal photograph of people rowing at dawn. I should have done my research though. It turns out, they can't row at dawn because the gated park that they launch from doesn't open until 8:00am.

That's why this photo is taken through the trees. Instead of being at water's edge, I was locked out and had to find a different vantage point. As it turns out, I didn't take many photos of this body of water. Instead I drove around aimlessly, stopping to take a photo any time something caught my eye. I had a nice time, but it wasn't very productive. Next time, I will do my research. Well, probably not.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 13mm, f/8.0, 1/320 sec, ISO 50

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice shot. I really like the framing of the trees that you are shooting through and the refleciton of the clouds in the water.

12:01 PM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Sudhi said...

great looking shot with the reflection of the whole sky!

12:46 PM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Rich said...

Quite a view from a higway, hope the Cops didn't book you for stopping

1:46 PM, July 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The end result I think decides it all. Well done!!

2:48 PM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Laurie said...

That's a lovely shot.

I actually wandered into a gated park to get the shot on blogger from today of the Twin Lights. Just parked outside and walked it. The rangers didn't say anything really, they just told me to hurry up as best I could since the park was having maintenance done and wasn't going to open at all that day.

6:24 PM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

What a great looking spot! Nice find Tim!

6:33 PM, July 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, I know what you mean about spots along the highway. Some of the more beautiful shots that I "want" to get are located along I-77 an I-81 going through Virginia, but I'm always too leery to get out and take them. The traffic through there moves at a very high rate of speed and the shoulder of the road is narrow. These 2 things together don't give me a lot of "warm fuzzies".

8:56 PM, July 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stunning landscape image! well done..

12:53 AM, July 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This shot is lovely, you got a great reflection in the water. It would have been cool to see the rowing team, but you got a great shot here none the less.

3:08 AM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

You didn't get the shot you wanted, but you got a winner of an image! This is absolutely beautiful! Nice work, Tim.

5:02 AM, July 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

Sort of nice, but not WOW!.

unklrbrt

5:46 PM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger Bob said...

I enjoy almost any though of the Mighty Fraser. This is a peaceful scene and the hues possible only at dawn.

7:22 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shot, Timmy. I love the sky reflected in the water and the framing you did with the tree branches is very nice. Great job!

8:02 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this shot, this is one of my favourites of all your posts. Good framing provided by the surrounding trees. Great detail and exposure in the clouds/skyline.

10:58 AM, July 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow wow wow !
great view, great reflections, great shot .. the expanse of cloud reflection is amazing ;)

11:52 PM, July 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com