Monday, August 21, 2006

Worth the Effort


Sorry I missed my post this weekend. This will sound strange, but I kept on forgetting to do it. A busy weekend I guess. Thanks for your feedback on Friday's photo. I must admit, I was surprised so many people liked it. I tend to agree with the Famous Uncle Robert, it just seems "heavy" to me.

This will be the last photo of the Flora Lake series. There is no way I'm climbing that mountain again, so I won't be taking any more pictures of this beautiful lake. I did however learn that in order to capture much of the pristine beauty that every photographer longs for, one has to burn a few calories. I look forward to more opportunities to explore the incredible back country that Canada has to offer. Next time, however, I will pick a location I can get to without blowing out my knees.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 10mm, f/3.5, 1/60 ISO 50

10 Comments:

Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

I missed some great shots while on vacation Tim! Love the fishing pics.

2:08 PM, August 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this, though I was struck by the notion of a garden gnome (not sure if you have them in Canada).. Its more delicate than your other reflections shot, and I see what you mean a bout the previous image being heavier than this. Nice shot

2:22 PM, August 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too thought that he didn't look real at first, that's very interesting but is likely a result of the fact that he is standing on a rock that is actually submersed in the water. This is pleasing, although the light wasn't so great. I know you cannot control the light and you mentioned that the weather didn't co-operate which is too bad but what you do to change the weather?

3:01 PM, August 21, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

For me, this is the best from the series!

2:59 AM, August 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first thought with a smile was wow walking on water! ITs a nice shot and probably my favourite from the last few days...has a wonderful feel about it.

3:12 AM, August 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is probably my favorite of the Flora Lake series. I love the colors here, and he really pops against the background here.

5:37 AM, August 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

I like the shot, but I don't like that you lopped off his head (reflection).

See you soon!

unklrbrt

12:27 PM, August 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot Tim. I really like how you can see into the water, the reflection, the sea (or lake) of green and the sprinkle of red. Nice eye.

4:39 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger PhotoSam said...

COmpletely disagree with you.....all sunsets vary and no, not all of us even get to see a clean sunset everyday...
shot is great, good refelction, good sjy...its got the works...8.5/10

4:37 AM, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Timmy, I like the story, colors, and composition in this photograph a lot. All elements add up, nice work.

8:31 PM, September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com