Friday, May 05, 2006

Rain on the Straight.


This is another shot of rain falling in the Georgia Straight, as seen from West Vancouver. I had trouble cropping this because I love both the sky and the ocean in this photo. What do you think? Very little photoshopping done here (in accordance to yesterdays helpful comments), just cropping and slightly adjusting the exposure level.

Thank you all for your help yesterday. I took your advice and went out and took some photos just for fun this morning. So far, I have resisted the urge to even look at any of this morning's photos. Perhaps if I just enjoy taking them for a few days, I'll appreciate the photos more when I finally take a look at them.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 11mm, f/8.0, 1/8sec, ISO 50

12 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

I love it.

2:00 PM, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really lovely shot.

2:22 PM, May 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good work. good muted colours, and reflections. Sorry to hear youve had a touch of the blues. I find I hate some of my shots for a long time, then when I flick back through them months later I find something I really like. Summer shots in the winter for instance- or just a memory of a time and place. I think the doubt hits must people every so often. Glad you got some good advice..
Oh and dont forget - sometimes its good not to process at all - even when it would be better with - its more real

3:14 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Monterey John said...

Beautiful shot Timmy.

6:21 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Azhar said...

Beautiful - it feels very natural as you kept it the way it is - speaking about photoshopping - I saw another picture today which I want you to see - he photoshopped a scene like this to something astounding at thesefleetingmoments.com - although it was a great looking shot - it was more like a piece of art because it wasn't really a photo at all - just have a look.I love the gradients of rain in the back and a great soft gleam on the water.Good choice on not cropping.GREAT SHOT!

7:21 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Wolf said...

Looks like a great shot to me! :)

7:50 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger Laurie said...

I'd say this is beautiful! Good job.

9:06 PM, May 05, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

A beautiful, serene capture!

2:41 PM, May 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even better for it to be almost straight from the camera. Love the sky in this one. The complex happenings on the horizon really drags your eye there.

9:11 PM, May 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The rains are coming! It's actually been raining/hailing here today and I have had only limited oppurtunities to get out and do some photography ;(

1:57 AM, May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great capture. I love the mood in it :)

3:43 AM, May 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feels very placid in spite of the rain

9:58 AM, May 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com