Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sheddy Photo


This old crappy shed was in a field just down the street from the yacht club (see yesterdays photo). As you can see, I was shooting in the middle of the day. Yes, I know the lighting sucks at that time of day, but I was on vacation. As we were driving through towns we would stop at any point of interest. We happened to be passing this old log structure in the middle of the day, so I was stuck with the conditions that existed at that moment.

I used my polarizer, but not very effectively. Truth be told, I learned a lot about my polarizer on this trip, but this photo was taken during that learning process. I find it difficult to see through my view finder when it is very bright, so I didn't do a very good job of exposure on this photo. I like the blown out clouds and the lens flare, but the exposure on the shed was much too dark.

I'm posting this picture regardless of it's flaws because I think the composition is strong. Besides, those beams of sunlight are pretty cool.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 6mm, f/8, 1/320 sec, ISO 50

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the beams of light.

It is tough to shoot midday. Try to keep the sun as much behind you as you can. A lower perspective can also help.

11:47 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Those sunlight beams are pretty cool, it's like they are highlighting the way to the little old shed. That was a good find.

What an enjoyable way to learn about your new filter...on vacation! Can't wait to see more.

3:01 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger ndiginiz said...

Tena koe ehoa
Sunlight does have a harsher effect on images at certain times of the day true but, sometimes using the sun as an image masker, highlighter or enhancement is another good alternative.
These streaky lens flares are really cool when they are captured right. They can be positioned in an image purposely to produce emphasis and enhancement to image content.
Don't be afraid to shoot towards the middle of the day Just learn how to utilise the light better at that time period.

3:36 AM, September 13, 2006  
Blogger PhotoSam said...

Great scenic shot...so very postcard....8.75/10
cr=7/10

9:08 AM, September 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this. The sunlight beams are fantastic. Although it does have its flaws (minor ones realy) and all photos do, I really love this photo.

5:15 AM, September 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com