Thursday, September 07, 2006

Road Trip Reflections


We're back. Last week, Bethany and I journeyed to Mackenzie, a town in the northern interior of British Columbia. On the way, I took over 500 photographs. Some of them are pretty decent, some of them suck. To be perfectly honest, I'm not looking forward to combing through the rubble that is my memory card, searching for survivors. I won't let all of the images die, but I suspect many will be crushed under the weight of the delete key.

My beautiful wife was very supportive as we made the trek through this fine province. Not once did she become annoyed with me as I stopped at every point of interest, determined to capture at least a fraction of the wonder that each scene presented.

She was even a good enough sport to take this photo when I told her to. We were in a slow moving traffic jam at the beginning of our trip when I noticed our reflection in the wheel of a truck. It's not perfectly centered, but it's still pretty good considering we were moving at 20 km/hr. Perhaps it's a bit of a gimmicky shot, but I figure it's a good way to begin a series of road trip photographs.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 45mm, f/4, 1/250 sec, ISO 50

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great perspective! :)

Roadtrips are fun. The journeys are more fun than the destination.

1:53 PM, September 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting shot and it is a good way to start the series on your trip.

Welcome back we missed you!

3:11 PM, September 07, 2006  
Blogger Bob said...

I look forward to your scenic shots of B.C. Welcome back.

4:42 PM, September 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice perspective.

2:19 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Nice to see you back!

This is a great way to start the series. I like that the van is not centered, it leaves more room for the tree, and the majestic mountain in the background.

2:57 AM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor long suffering Bethany did a lovely job on this shot LOL. My only niggle is with you, you should have cloned out those dirt dots on the wheel crome. Naughty Micki. You know I just realised I have not been visiting Bethany blog in a long time. I really have to make more of an effort.

Suby

Suby

4:44 AM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger PhotoSam said...

Finally...ur back....good to visit and find a good shot posted.....8/10
cool rating=8.5/10

10:04 AM, September 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

Welcome back!!

veresting shot. I think you got it (FP - The Art of Seeing).

I agree with Suby.

Any chance of getting together before we're off sailing next week?

unklrbrt

12:30 PM, September 08, 2006  
Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

Very cool!

2:34 PM, September 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good catch Timmy, I like this one, it's out of the ordinary. Thanks for your comment on the 9/11 post.

9:08 AM, September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its neat!

12:16 PM, September 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com