Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bethany's Canoe


I'm back. Sorry, a busy week. I'm finally back, and I'm post a photo that I didn't take. Bethany took this while we were boating on Timothy Lake a couple months ago. Part of me feels rather jealous, because this is the exact kind of photo I wanted to take. Unfortunately, I was at the back of the canoe.

The entire scene was rather comical. The canoe was a rather tippy one, and I was extremely nervous that we were going to flip the boat. In fact, every time either of us shifted our weight, it felt as if the boat would do a barrel roll. I nearly wet my pants (in more ways than one). I didn't fear being immersed into the cold lake. After all, I'm waterproof. My camera bag, however, is somewhat porous. For that reason, there was no way I was going to contort my body in such a way that I could take cool photos.

I let Bethany have all the fun, and she did a great job. She placed both edges of the canoe perfectly in the bottom corners of the frame. The horizon is straight. She even had the presence of mind to take the photo is such a way that the bow of the canoe did not penetrate the upper half of the picture space, where the clouds had formed an interesting pattern on the water's surface. I believe this is a very good photograph. Way to go Babe.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 6mm, f/8, 1/250 sec, ISO 50

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you are back. Yup, this sure is a wonderful shot.

1:28 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

For all the reasons you stated, this is a perfect shot!! Do print this off in a large size and mat and frame it.

3:25 AM, October 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supeb shot this is the type of thing you'd see at poster shops over here in the UK and they would be popular with a shot like that.

7:50 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger PhotoSam said...

just look at that blue!!!.....8.25/0 for a pretty stunning shot....

10:25 AM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger shiv said...

aaah,amazing shot,nice perspective and great tones as well...

8/10

6:59 AM, October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning shot! Excellent clarity. Well processed!

Regards,
Jason

2:31 PM, October 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors and superb framing!!

11:36 PM, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com