Tuesday, October 03, 2006

This is a Fountain


That's the end of the road trip series. I have more photos that made the cut, but they are similar to the ones that I have already posted here. I will probably share a few more with you throughout the next month.

This is a fountain that I found while on a recent photo hunt in Burnaby. I spent several minutes exploring it from a few different vantage points. I also enjoyed exploring the garden that you can see in the background. In fact, my favourite part of this image is the blurred garden in the background. I wish that I had taken a photo of just the garden completely out of focus, just as it appears in this photograph. I like the blend of purple and green.

It seems as though I regularly look at my work and regret the fact that I did not approach a subject in a different way. I should make note of my afterthoughts so that I can go back and take the picture again in the way that I wish I had in the first place. Perhaps I will start a little note book, with a list of photos I would like to take. Good idea, but let's face it, I'll never get around to writing that sort of thing down.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 61mm, f/8, 1/80 sec, ISO 50

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is cool, I love the colors in the background they are really pretty.

2:44 PM, October 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

Very nice "abstract"! Even though you said this was a fountain, I had a hard time getting there.

I wonder if a portrait format would allow more emphasis on the water & "garden"?

Another potential shot for the book.

unklrbrt

7:20 PM, October 03, 2006  
Blogger Mrs Rigby said...

I like it as an abstract picture, with the beautiful blurred colours. Without your description I wouldn't have known it was a fountain.

2:45 AM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

I love those blurred colors, too!!

Actually, a small notebook that you could keep with you all the time would be a great idea! I think it would help you to remember.

3:08 AM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now thats something you don't see everyday. very creative Well done

5:32 AM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THis is a really cool abstract you have captured the water perfectly and the colours in the background balance out the foreground concrete very well.

7:08 AM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get it :)

Suby

8:05 AM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger MarcoAmaral said...

Excelent shot... You have nice pictures here... Good work!

8:14 AM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This shot blows me away! You've got an amazing eye for color & composition. Save this one for a photo contest. -pc

10:59 AM, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com