Sunday, October 08, 2006

Thank You Gourdo


It is Thanksgiving weekend here in the great white north. Those of you wondering why we do it earlier here in Canada won't get a satisfactory answer from me. I think it has something to do with the fact that our harvest comes a bit earlier in the year, due to the frigid climate (you know: igloos, dog sleds...).


Today I would like to post this photo to say thank you to my employer, Gordon Campbell, the Premier (Canadian version of a Governor) of British Columbia. Bethany and I work for the provincial government, and would like to thank Gordo for providing our employment.

We took the kids to the pumpkin patch yesterday where a table sporting a variety of ugly vegetables caught my eye. I need your help though. I can't decide which version of this image is better. The top (square) one is a bit sharper, but it includes a few distractions, such as the brown 'squigly' thing in the bottom right corner. The second (rectangular) photo places much more emphasis on the crossing stems, which is my favourite part of the image. What do you think; square, rectangle, or "doesn't matter, this photo is just plain stupid"?

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 8mm, f/3.2, 1/100 sec, ISO 50

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

colorful shot.I think itd look great if it were bigger.

1:35 PM, October 08, 2006  
Blogger Bethany said...

Keep in mind that you can click on each picture to see a larger version of it.

1:49 PM, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely colours here, Sorry almost falling asleep here. Had guests around all day today, jeezzz it's hard entertaining, but me love it LOL

Suby

2:59 PM, October 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's tough, I like both almost equally, but I think the top one is just a tad more to my liking.

7:35 PM, October 08, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Great colors, love how you filled the frame! Without any question, the top. I really like the square format.

3:15 AM, October 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to go against the grain and stay that the rectangular one is better. It draws more attention to the crossing stems, which is my favorite part also.

Hey Timmy, I realized why my Pathfinder was broken into. They stole my camera. I couldn't find it the last few days, and then I realized that I had taken it into work. Lame eh?

9:19 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger PhotoSam said...

there's just so much clashing of colours, great stuff...8/10

9:29 AM, October 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! And Happy Thanksgiving to you.

5:56 PM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger ThomP said...

You got some neato shizz here image clicker!

9:29 PM, October 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, I really like the bottom one. Much more contained arrangement, but still has the splashes of wonderful autumn colour. One thing though....anyone who lives in B.C. talking of "harsh" Canadian winters!!!??....you've gotta visit me in JANUARY here in Winnipeg! :-)

7:37 AM, October 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

Me again. Definitely the rectangle - A much better composition!!

It seems like you put some thought into the rectangle - you made a photo. The square reminds me of a snapshot - good, but anyone could do it.

unklrbrt

ps. another potential!

7:54 PM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com