Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Is This Boring?


Oh brother...Tim's posted another stupid sunset picture. Well everyone else was taking pictures of it, so why couldn't I? Sure, it's just another sunset, but each on is unique and I like that.

I'm sure everyone has there own preference when it comes to exposure. I like to underexpose by at least on f/stop usually. My camera starts in aperture priority, where I take a few photos, just to get a feel for the lighting at different angles. After I've got a feel for it, I switch to manual and close the aperture by a step or two. If I'm already at f/8 (the smallest available on my camera) I adjust the shutter speed.

I took a lot of photos of this sunset. This was the first one, when the camera was in aperture priority. I like this image the best of the entire set that I took that evening. Go figure. I should have it in auto mode. Actually, there are a couple of other cool ones, but this is definitely the winner.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 9mm, f/8, 1/100 sec, ISO 50

6 Comments:

Blogger PhotoSam said...

it ain't boring...more like breathtaking....8/10

11:55 AM, October 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really lovely. I never get tired of sunsets or sunrises.

1:16 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Boring? Not at all!! We never get sunsets like that here!

3:00 AM, October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunsets like this are never boring!!

9:02 AM, October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think it's boring at all. The reflection is beautiful and the clouds are interesting.

3:27 PM, October 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No its not boring . It is in fact very impressive with stunning dominating clouds and well exposed.

4:58 AM, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com