Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bridges


Not much to say here. These bridges caught my eye while on a recent field trip with the kids. I was standing on the deck of the HMCS Winnipeg, a Canadian Patrol Frigate that recently returned from the middle east.

These bridges span the Fraser River. The suspension bridge is for the SkyTrain (our version of a subway), the orange monstrosity is a traffic bridge/death trap, and the in the background there is a rail swing bridge. I liked the look of them because I thought the layers were neat. So I took a picture of them.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 28mm, f/8, 1/250 sec, ISO 50

7 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

That is pretty interesting, I've not seen that many bridges next to each other. Great colors on them.

3:15 AM, October 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micki,

Sorry not been around in a short while, been so busy, went on a shoot yesterday (wedding) and my whole body hurts now, have another shot to do in 2 hrs and energy level is currently at 5% Eeeeeccckk :)

Lovely shoot, I am liking the bit of the bridge you captured here, well framed, I really think you should think about moving your blog elswhere, your images appear really to smal for therm to be really appreciated.

Suby

3:42 AM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger Joel Reynolds said...

Hey, man

Great shots here - I like the variety a lot. It's cool that you ask for criticism, too. Your pictures are really nice, and I'll definitly be back to see more. Take a look at mine if you get a chance and maybe we can link to eachother's?
Good stuff!
Joel

5:27 AM, October 06, 2006  
Blogger Azhar said...

I find it very interesting. Nerver wseen so many bridges in one shot and it doesnt look weird. Very good shot.

11:04 AM, October 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an interesting sight with all the bridges lined up like that. Cool shot.

11:15 AM, October 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice progression of colours from one bridge to another. Good eye.

6:49 PM, October 07, 2006  
Blogger Bob said...

This bridge shot is great. I have ridden that bridge many times in my youth and lived to survive the tale.

11:42 AM, October 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com