Friday, March 31, 2006

Hockey Talk and a Movie Quote

I'll post a picture later today, but first, a couple of thoughts about the Minnesota Wild visiting the Canucks tonight. When reporters were asking Canucks coach Marc Crawford about the boring, defensive type of play the Wild are known for, Crawford replied that they are a lot more entertaining than people give them credit for. I heard commentator Ray Ferraro suggest that "If that is what Crawford considers entertaining, I wouldn't trust him to recommend a movie. He probably thinks that 'Ishtar' was a great film."

I loved 'Ishtar' (an infamously bad movie), so this got my attention. It got me thinking that perhaps Crawford lied when he mused that the Wild play entertaining hockey. If he did like 'Ishtar', then perhaps he would be more likely to lie. I, of course, am referring to the song with the following chorus, written by the characters played by Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty :

Telling the truth is a dangerous business,
Honest and popular don't go hand in hand.
If you admit that you can play the accordion,
They won't let you play in a rock and roll band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com