Sunday, April 02, 2006

My wife liked it...

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm actually running out of decent photos to post. I've had a busy weekend, so I haven't had much time for photography. Having said that, I hope to have several opportunities to take some photos this week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

There weren't many comments on that last picture of the beat up flower. I'm not sure what to make of that. Perhaps people haven't visited in the last 24 hours, or it could be that people didn't like it. I should mention that if you don't like a picture, I'd love to hear about it (provided your criticism is somewhat constructive). That's the only way to learn.



I'm posting this picture because my wife liked it. It is only a small cropping of a much larger picture that may get further consideration in the future. Obviously the original was in color. I was just having fun exploring different aspects of the picture when I found this group of rocks and their reflection. I tried it in black & white because the colours were pretty bland anyway. I then added just a hint of purple, but I don't really know why I did it. Like I said, I'm running out of material that I like. I'm pretty sure there is a term for this kind of picture that is black and white, with a slight hint of one colour. I don't know what the term is, so if somebody could fill me in...

7 Comments:

Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

I like it too :D and your other pictures look great as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be sure to add you to my list and come back here to see what you have to offer :) Be sure to come on back to my blog as well okay?


~K Fingerett

10:03 PM, April 02, 2006  
Blogger Laurie said...

I found your comments on my blog and I wanted to tell you thanks!...I took some time to look at your work, and I think you are off to a great start.

A photoblog is a great way to track progress. Participating in weekly challenges is also a way to motivate yourself to go out on a limb with shots, and experiment.

My advice would be Have Fun...when it stops being fun then it's time to go back and remember what it was that drew you to the camera in the first place. When you frame up a shot, try to think of the final product, that way you won't need to crop so much. I like to make some large prints for framing, and I found that a few really cool shots were cropped down to where they could only be a decent 5x7, which isn't very useful for framing, and a bit depressing when the part of the shot that you like best isn't very useful except for posting on-line. I like to do 11x14, and I am going to try a few larger sizes soon. (My camera should be a ble to do up to 20x40, but I haven't gone there yet.)

I had done film photography as a hobby from the time I was a child. We had a darkroom and I had taken classes in High School, etc. I always loved it.

I am newish to digital and I love it. Digital=freedom to mess up and try again, and instant gratification. (I still have a so so relationship with photoshop, due to the fact that I can't figure it out! Grrrr...But I am determined to learn, no matter how long it takes.

I will be back here often. Good work! Keep at it.

BTW...a good sense of humor is essential, and judging from your narratives, I think you have that down!

3:29 AM, April 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I like this,l such great eye for detail!

3:50 AM, April 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice mirror reflection...kind abstract feel...nice texture and duotone work well for this shot:-)

7:08 AM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Ali said...

I like this shot. The B&W effect is spot-on. I would like the see the bigger picture if you would like to post it.

9:56 AM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger The Alchemist said...

I like it man - keep it up - like I said your getting bettr with every post - the purple hint is great.

AD

10:27 AM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger jj said...

yeah, i like it too:) texture and reflection is nice.

6:59 AM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com