Friday, October 20, 2006

Rocky Outcrap


I'm feeling a little discouraged in the photography department these days. It feels like it has been a long time since I took a picture I was really happy with. I have some older ones that are pretty good, but I'm not going to put them up here for a while. I kind of feel like I've got to get some of the crappy ones out of my system (and off of my hard drive).

In that spirit, I present this. I like the basic shapes in this photo, but the colour of the ocean really bugs me. I tried altering it in Photoshop, but it looked stupid every time, so I just left it. I tried it in black and white too (always a maneuver of desperation for me), but it remained a lame image. Thus I give it over to you. You can have it, I don't want it.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 60mm, f/8, 1/250 sec, ISO 50

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a fairly good shot. I can't help wondering what I would have thought about it if you hadn't planted the seed of doubt in my head with your description?

I don't see anything wrong with the color of the water. It seems to just look cold to me, but very much like it does here this time of the year.

I am curious what the "tower" is in the water?

3:59 AM, October 21, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

I actually like this compositon a lot! The only thing this photo needs is to be shot during that sweet, warm light of early morning or late evening to warm up the scene and bring out the textures. If the light will fall from that side and you can get back there, that's how I'd shoot this.

4:23 AM, October 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

Perhaps a polaroid filter - depending on where the sun was.

There are several thingI like about this photo:

- I lke the way the navigation marker and its reflection line up with the little "V" in the rock surface.

- I like the strong Triangle shapes (3 of them).

- I like the rock texture.


I think the little light (highlight) area in the lower right corner needs to go.

I don't like the light horizontal line going through the water near the top of the navigation aid.

Also, the title is misleading, because the best part of the shot is the rock - maybe "Wastedwater" (based on your dislikes.

Keep on getting out there and shooting, we need a few mor good ones for the book.

unklrbrt

12:47 PM, October 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com