Friday, September 29, 2006

Snarly Tree


I'm not feeling very well, so perhaps that is effecting my judgment. Regardless, I'm pretty sure the rest of the photos from our vacation suck. I might show one or two more, but we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here folks.

These trees were everywhere. I tried taking several pictures of them, but I couldn't get one that I was satisfied with. The lighting was part of the trouble. It was the middle of the day and the sun was very bright. I used my polarizer, but I didn't have much luck with it.

I decided to display one of the tree pictures here anyway, because I think the tree itself is rather interesting. I'm content with this composition, I'm just not happy with the exposure. Eight hours earlier this might have been a decent photo.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 12mm, f/8, 1/80 sec, ISO 50

4 Comments:

Blogger PhotoSam said...

i like the lighting actually....seems to work very well...7.5/10

3:10 PM, September 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the colours and lighting are excellent in this landscape image!

2:07 AM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Really, I think you've looked at this one too much and are just seeing the potential and not what you DID capture. You've got some great clarity all the way through the shot and the tree has a lot of character!

9:21 AM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Azhar said...

thats one hell of a shot! Looks like one of those nat geo pictures! very very cool.

10:50 AM, September 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com