Friday, April 20, 2007

Some friends of mine...


(This picture looks sucky small, so make sure you click on it to see the larger version.)

I've told you lots about the Famous Uncle Robert. He has been a huge help and influence in my photography. He loans me all sorts of different gear; including lenses, tripods, and books. In fact, last week's picture was taken with his macro lens. You should check out some of his photos (click here). He's a Canon man, but I love him anyway.

Somebody I haven't told you about is my friend Greg. When I got my new camera, he gave me an old lens of his. It's an 80-200mm f/2.8, and I've really enjoyed using it. I was using it last night from the balcony of a Catholic church. The combination of 200mm and f/2.8 made it possible to capture tight, crisp images of the activities near the alter.

Another great use I have discovered for this lens is portraiture (is that a word?). I had a great time doing some portraits of my friend Heidi last week at Queen Elizabeth Park here in Vancouver. I still have lots to learn about composition and lighting when it comes to portraits, but at least I feel confident with the equipment I'm using. Thank you Greg! (Check out his video production company by clicking here.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 80-200 f2.8 is almost always on my camera. When my camera is in the bag that's the lens that is on it by default so that it's there because more likely than not that's the one I will use. It is my most favorite lens, although I do have an 85mm f1.8 which is a sweet piece of glass especially for portraits.

This portrait is beautiful.

I took a quick peek at Uncle Roberts site and he has beautiful images there. I will have to go back and look closer.

4:23 PM, April 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com