Saturday, October 28, 2006

Leafy Layers


Sorry I missed yesterday's post. Blogger has been acting up again. This is another photo edited with Picasa. In fact, most of this weeks work was done on Picasa.

I have tried to approach the fall season in an abstract way. I live in the middle of the city, so it's pretty hard to compose a peaceful landscape of colourful trees without also including a tangled mess of ugly telephone wires. Perhaps it's laziness, but I just find it easier to point the camera down at the ground, and explore the shapes and lines.

This is another photo from the garden at the local community center. I liked the way the layers provided varying shapes and lines. I think the side lighting made the lines stand out a bit more. I wish that I could have had more depth of field, but there wasn't enough light, and my tripod wouldn't balance on the hill, so I had to open it up a few f-stops.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 72 mm, f/4, 1/100 sec, ISO 50

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the lines and the shadows they create on these leaves. The variagation inthe greens and yellows is a really nice touch.
I also have issues with the utility wires. I usually have to travel abit for unobstructed views. Needless to say I probably put several hundred miles on my car every weekend. Good thing gas prices came down a bit...whew!

6:14 PM, October 28, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

I have to say, Tim, that you've put up some of the most creative autumn images this season. Sure, a lot of other bloggers have posted beautiful images of multicolored scenics, but none that stand out as original. All of your work this season has been unique and clever...nothing cliche'. Good for you!

4:30 AM, October 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this abstracted vision of the leaves it gives depth to the surface with the side lighting lthough it has drawn in a shadow from something else which is a little distracting but not a lot as leaves are a powerfull image. nice shot

5:58 AM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger Franco said...

I love this picture: green and yellow contrast; the curves of leaves' edges and veins; it has a good balance between the rendering of a natural detail picture and an abstract vision of it.

9:49 AM, January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com