Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Is There Anybody Out There?


I haven't been here in a few days. Sorry about that. My schedule was a little funky for a while and I've had some connectivity problems, but I'm back now. I believe we are part way through the BC Interior series. We were speaking of the bed & breakfast...

I know it was my vacation, but I did get up early on two occasions to take some photographs when the light was good. My first early morning photohunt was at the b&b. Our hostess had a beautiful garden and I was excited to go out and explore it with my camera. Okay, I wasn't too excited when my alarm went off at 6:00 am, but I was excited about it when I set my alarm for 6:00am. To be honest, it was with a healthy dose of grumpiness that I dragged myself out of bed, but I knew I had a unique opportunity. How often do you wake up with a beautiful flower garden and a lake right outside your bedroom?

This was one of the photos taken from the garden. I had been looking for a very simple composition, but found it difficult with such colourful surroundings. Eventually I found this flower (I don't know what it is) growing in front of a pine tree. I used my zoom and the widest aperture in order to blur the crap out of the pine tree. I like the simplicity of this composition, and I think the delicate flower looks good too.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 72mm, f/3.5, 1/20 sec, ISO 50

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to see a new post on Tim, as I have been checking the site rather anxiously the last few days. Hopefully no further breaks of such an extended nature will follow :) I am glad to have a new photo that I can set as background on my computer (it's not the highest form of praise, but it is the best I can do given the distance!) Looking forward to a brand new week of photos.

11:31 AM, September 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! This is lovely. The Dof is perfect and I love this color.

1:44 PM, September 20, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Good to hear that all is well, I was wondering where you'd been off to. I love this shot, and especially your photography tech talk! I'll have to put..."blur the crap out of" into my tech talk notebook.

3:22 AM, September 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Tim! The DoF is perfect and the sharpness in the flower is dead on. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it may be a Pink Cosmos. I took a shot of one in our yard earlier this summer and the inside part of your flower looks very similar:
http://www.mylifeinfocus.net/index.php?showimage=75

6:07 AM, September 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great in his simplicity!

12:02 PM, September 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not really a flower person, but as usual you have a knack of making me like your flower shots :)

Suby

4:26 AM, September 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com