Friday, September 22, 2006

Pretty in Pink


While in MacKenzie, we had a great visit with my brother Joshua, his wife Esther, and their newborn baby girl Justice. Joshua's friend Keith was kind enough to take Bethany and I out for an evening of fishing in his small aluminum boat. It was a beautiful calm evening, but the fish weren't biting. It did give me some time to snap a few pictures.

Taking photos from a boat in low light provides some challenges. Obviously I couldn't use slow shutter speeds, so my only option was to underexpose. This can work great when your scene is backlit. As you know, I love reflections, so the chance to capture the reflection of this silhouette of the forest (created by an exaggerated underexposure) was warmly welcomed.

Okay, I've abstained from Photoshop for quite some time now, but the potential for this photo was too much to pass up. In actual fact I didn't do too much to it, I basically removed the yellow.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 21mm, f/7.1, 1/100 sec, ISO 100

6 Comments:

Blogger PhotoSam said...

Great one with lovely reflections....8/10

11:24 AM, September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course it's pretty in pink ! ;)

"la vie en rose"

12:58 AM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger Bob said...

This is one of your best.

8:52 PM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger Azhar said...

Bee-you-tee-full. 7.5/10

3:47 AM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

I like the pink, I think it was a good processing decision. Awesome reflections, too.

8:40 AM, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I normally hate pink, but it is so lovely in this photo. I think it was a good decision to use photoshop to remove yellow.

5:50 AM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com