Thursday, September 21, 2006

Timothy Lake Exposed


As I said, the lake was right beside the garden, so I didn't have to go far for this photo. I had made the same composition the night before, but I wasn't happy with the lighting. I like this one a lot better.

I'm glad the clouds were there. For one, they reflected the soft pink glow of the early morning light, making the photo more interesting. Secondly, they made the sky darker, meaning I could get a more even exposure. If the sky had been brighter, I would have had to underexpose in order to ensure that the sky wouldn't be washed out. That would have left the boats in almost complete darkeness. As it stands, I underexposed by one f-stop and I think it worked out pretty well.

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 7mm, f/8, 1/100 sec, ISO 50

4 Comments:

Blogger PhotoSam said...

Great one.....8.75/10
cr=7/10

9:51 AM, September 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can taste the silence around the lake through your beautiful picture!

12:01 PM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Oh this is a pretty scene, must have been wonderful being up at this hour taking it all in. This is a lovely exposure, too. I like the two boats next to each other, each one offering its benefits to a potential rider.

3:18 AM, September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks very peaceful and tranquil. Lovely lovely scene.

Suby

4:27 AM, September 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com