Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Glory of God


My brother Joshua is very good to me. Very good. He took me up a mountain in a massive diesel truck at five in the morning. He really wanted to bless me, and that was a perfect way to do it. Keith had heard us discussing our plans and decided to come too. The three of us had an amazing morning on the Canadian Tundra. If you use Google Earth, I believe you will find the mountain upon which we were perched at 55° 25.5' N 123° 02.00' W.

The wind was howling at the top of the mountain. Tripods were utterly useless. Poor Keith set up his tripod, only to see his camera make a crash landing on the rocks; amazingly his lens was unharmed. It was hard to see through the tears streaming down my face as the wind strived to dry out my eyes. I'm sure we were a funny site as we huddled in the truck waiting for the sun to appear in all its glory.

I mention the word glory. I am certain I gained a much greater understanding of the glory of God that morning. As we looked out over the barren tundra, it felt as though this scene of unending beauty had been created just for us. As for the photography, it was simply a matter of pressing the shutter...

Canon PowerShot S2 IS, 21mm, f/4.5, 1/200 sec, ISO 50

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Timmybomb,

Pretty awesome scenery & colours. I like the composition, but, did you happen to take a "landscape" shot as well? So many possibilities - I would like to see the rest of the shots from that a.m.

See you soon! Give Bethany a hug!

unklrbrt

11:50 AM, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunset with incredible colour.

3:11 PM, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been sick lately (much better now) so I missed quite a bit this last week...Awesome stuff! This one is spectacular.

5:39 PM, September 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool colours. I like it a lot.

2:32 AM, September 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1ts of all up on a mountin that the winds brings tears to your eyes, I guess that is a place this coward will not be goint any time soon, what if there was an earthquake, what if there was a landslide, what if........

Camera falling and hitting rocks, my heart would have frozen and I would have died, me almost loosing my baby LOL.

Anyway amazing shot, it definitely was worth the trip up the mountian at 05:00hrs
NOTE TO SELF: Need to show such dedication & go out to capture such shots.

Suby

2:48 AM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Your words today were as beautiful as your image!

Oh, and good to hear that all is well with Keith's lens!

3:09 AM, September 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of the layers of color in this ponto. Beautiful.

In my computer crashing I lost all my website links, if you still have that link I emailed you about that "point and shoot" article could you send it to me again?

5:49 AM, September 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, seriously? No photoshop on this? The colours, from such warmth to such coolness, are stunning. This should be printed, mounted and displayed. Good shot.

6:02 AM, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Kris said...

waking up early for this, was certainly worth it ..amazing photo!

11:45 AM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


BlogIntro.com